METRO NEW YORK SKI COUNCIL PRESENTS BIG SKY, MONTANA 2017 — February 4-11, 2017
If you are a Miramar member you can join the MNYSC for an amazing getaway to Big Sky, Montana. Stay slope-side in The Huntley Lodge with breakfast daily, and discover new terrain at the biggest ski area in America.
Stay Slopeside in the Huntley Lodge with Breakfast Daily! Discover New Terrain! Still…The Biggest Skiing In America!
- Roundtrip air on United Airlines, LGA/Bozeman including applicable tax
- Roundtrip transfers Bozeman to Big Sky
- Seven nights lodging in the Huntley Lodge with all taxes and fees
- Daily Breakfast Buffet
- Wine & Cheese Welcome Party
- MNYSC Activity
- Five of Seven day Big Sky lift tickets includes Moonlight Basin
- $1890.00 per person – double occupancy
For additional information and to sign up, contact SPORTOURS: 800.HANG.TEN 800.426.4836 SPORTOURS@COMCAST.NET
STILL THE BIGGEST SKIING IN AMERICA!
- Space to Ski: 5,800 seamless skiable acres with 4,350 vertical drop and about 2 acres per skier.
- More Slope Time: Ski more lines by not waiting in line.
- Consistent Snowfall: Based on historical weather patterns, total annual snowfall of 400″ fluctuates very little from year to year.
- Terrain Variety: The best mix of beginner (15%), intermediate (25%), advanced (42%), and expert (18%) terrain for seamless skiing between 4 mountains served by 34 lifts with more than 300 runs.
- Lone Peak: There is only one. Ride the Lone Peak Tram to 11,166 feet for 300° of skiing, views of 3 states, and 2 National Parks. Breathtaking to see, breathtaking to ski.
GLADES FRESH & GREEN IMPROVEMENTS
- New Glade Ski Runs: Two intermediate ski runs, White Magic and Short Stack are the new fun and winding glades. White Magic is about 3 acres of new terrain accessed via Swift Current chair lift on the skier’s right of Crazy Horse ski run below the confluence of Buffalo Jump ski run. Short Stack is accessed via the top of Derringer chair lift on the skier’s left.
- New Ski Way Connection: The new ski connection, named Comet, is a ski way providing easier access from below the Outer Limits ski run, accessed via Challenger chair lift, to the top of Six Shooter chair lift.
- Glade Run Improvements: The use of the specialized Fecon mower has provided outstanding improvements on existing runs to provide an enhanced skiing surface which will help open the runs sooner. The Fecon mows re-growth, deadfall, and stumps. Saw crews have been assisting in areas the machine can’t get to which will allow more terrain to open faster. It’s a dirty job, but necessary when opening terrain as fast as possible and reducing fire danger in the summer.
- Chair Lift Improvement: Lone Tree chair lift has been converted from a diesel generator to an electric drive which will save thousands of gallons of diesel emission and produce clean, quiet power.