- The lodge will open for the winter on Tuesday, November 24th.
- Meals and transportation to the lodge will not be provided. There will be no buses or meal service for the duration of the pandemic. You may prepare your own meals at the lodge, and we will provide more information about what kitchen equipment will be available in the coming weeks. We also encourage everyone to take advantage of the many excellent restaurants close to the lodge by ordering takeout.
- Bring your own blankets, quilts or sleeping bag. State of Vermont regulations call for washing ALL bedding including blankets between guests. Because the cost and inconvenience of that are prohibitive, we will only be providing sheets, towels, pillows and pillowcases this winter.
- Everyone must wear a mask in the lodge common areas at all times, except when eating and drinking. When eating and drinking, people must remain at least six feet from anyone not in their social “bubble.”
- Anyone who wishes to stay at the lodge must submit to the club proof of a negative Covid-19 PCR test result, taken no more than four days prior to arriving at the lodge, and self certify that they are in compliance with Vermont travel restrictions. While this does not guarantee that everyone will be Covid-19 free, a negative test reduces the likelihood that an asymptomatic Covid-19-carrier stays at the lodge. If this prevents even a single Covid-19 transmission it will be well worth it. The self certification is required by Vermont law. Further information will be provided in your confirmation and follow up email from the Lodge Reservation Coordinator.
- We intend to have an on-site Lodge Coordinator when possible to ensure everyone follows the club’s Covid-19 safety measures, assign chores, manage the kitchen schedule, ensure heat and lights are turned off when not in use.
- The on-site Lodge Coordinator can require someone to leave the lodge if he/she is willfully disobeying the safety requirements adopted by Miramar to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Only members, and guests who have a connection to Miramar, may stay at the lodge. That means only members, guests of members, and people who have previously attended a Miramar trip (G1’s, G2’s and G3’s) can make a lodge reservation.
- Many mountains are requiring advance-reservations for tickets and parking and our reservations system will follow suit, so that it’s easier for members to make plans.
- Associate Members may only stay in the lodge once this winter season. They may upgrade to regular membership if they wish to stay more frequently.
- Pricing. The Board has devised rates responsive to Covid-19 guidelines that follow more of a “per room” model rather than “per person” as we will not be assigning roommates.
- The ‘Base Rate’ includes the first person in a room (minimum 3 in a Dorm), with a nightly fee for additional people already in your “bubble” who are sharing the room. A guest’s base rate includes a surcharge.
- Reservations must be paid in full at the time of booking and are non-refundable except for medical reasons, including exposure to Covid-19. Members may change reservation dates once.
How to Reserve a Room *
When the reservation system is up – we expect to launch November 12 – click the red [Book a Room] button on the home page. On the next screen you’ll be prompted to accept our Covid policy, and then choose Member or Prior Guest, which will load the correct reservation form.
Next, select the dates you want and the number of occupants in the room, and click [Search] to find available rooms.
Select which room you want, the number of guests if any, then click [Next Step] at the bottom of the screen. Choose the number of rooms, the number of guests (if any) click [Next Step] to add payment info. Then click [Book Room] to complete the transaction. Check your email for a confirmation and receipt.
* Reservation process and terms subject to change.
Resources to Help Plan Your Trip
Get a Covid-19 Test
In New Jersey – https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/testing#test-sites
Travel to Vermont – www.healthvermont.gov/response/coronavirus-covid-19/traveling-vermont
Know Before You Go: Ski Trip Planning and Covid-19-19 – https://skivermont.com/trip-planning-and-covid-19
Vermont Department of Public Safety – https://vsp.vermont.gov/covid19/stayhome_enforcement
State of Vermont Cross-State Travel Regulations – https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel
How to Safely Visit Vermont this Season – https://www.momtrends.com/ski/how-to-safely-visit-vermont-this-winter?
We are negotiating a discount on rental cars for members and will announce discount code(s) in our weekly newsletter.
We’re working on it – watch the newsletter for updates.