DISCLAIMER: Miramar has compiled this information from various sources as a courtesy for lodge guests who plan to downhill ski or board on a Miramar trip and require lift tickets. Miramar makes no representations and provides no guarantees regarding lift tickets. Information may have changed since this document was prepared. Miramar strongly recommends that guests verify all terms and conditions before purchasing a lift ticket from any source and not rely on the information contained herein. The order in which options are listed is not meaningful.
Direct From Ski Resort
Lift tickets may be purchased online via the resort’s website. At some resorts, such as Killington, all lift tickets must be purchased online, even if buying on your day of arrival. In general, the earlier you buy, the bigger the savings. Booking ahead is also helpful if you plan to visit on a busy weekend or holiday.
Note: Sugarbush offers a few lift ticket options at different price points:
- All Mountain Tickets offer access to both Lincoln Peak and Ellen, all 111 trails and 16 lifts, and are available everyday.
- Ellen-Only Tickets offer access to its 39 trails, 11 wooded areas and 7 lifts and are available
Monday through Friday non-Holiday starting December 21st through March 12th.
- Beginner Tickets give access ONLY to the Village Quad and Welcome Mat at Lincoln Peak and the Sunshine Quad at Mt Ellen.
Before purchasing, be sure to check the resort’s cancellation policies as trip plans may change. Trip plans will be confirmed by the Monday before the trip. The resorts typically offer cancellation options on tickets purchased directly from the resort subject to cut-off times. For example,
- At Killington – Prior to 4pm on the day prior to the ticket start date, tickets purchased directly from the resort may be cancelled for a 90% refund or 100% cancellation After that time and up to 10am daily, tickets may be cancelled for a 100% credit equal to the value of the ticket for that day or remaining future days on a multi-day ticket.
- At Sugarbush – Prior to 72 hours of the start date, tickets purchased directly from the resort may be cancelled for a refund minus a $10 cancellation fee per ticket / per day (for multi-day tickets) or for a cancellation credit with no fee. Within 72 hours of the ticket start date and up to 10am, tickets dates may be changed for a $10 rebooking fee per ticket / per day.
Ikon Friends & Family Discounts
Some Miramar members are generously willing to give an Ikon Friends & Family discount voucher to a guest. Sugarbush and Killington are both Ikon pass resorts. A Friends & Family discount voucher provides 25% off the single lift ticket window price on the day the discount is used.1 Determining the “window price” is tricky because the resorts don’t publicize it, but you can usually compare pricing using the resort’s website.
1 Blackout dates apply and correspond to the pass holder’s blackout days. Pass holders need not be present to redeem the discount.
- For Sugarbush – Using the resort’s website, check the availability and price of an All Mountain lift ticket for the day you want to ski or board
(https://shop.sugarbush.com/s/lift-tickets/c/all-mtn-lift-ticket), then check the lift ticket price if you Redeem a Friends & Family discount voucher for the same day. (https://shop.sugarbush.com/s/lift-tickets/c/ikon-friends-family).
- For Killington – Using the resort’s website, click “Buy Now” to check the availability and price of a lift ticket for the day you want to ski or board
(https://purchase.killington.com/s/lift-tickets/c/killington-lift-ticket). The percentage discount off of the “window price” is shown on the listing.
Since a used voucher cannot be reinstated for another use in the future, pass holders wait until either the night before or morning of the day the guest plans to ski or board to redeem a voucher so you can purchase the discounted Bring a Friend ticket (all of which is done online).
If you are interested in using an Ikon Friends & Family discount voucher on a trip, let your trip leader know asap but no later than 12 noon on the Thursday before the trip and we will attempt to find a voucher for you.
Killington Discount Ticket Vouchers
As a member of the New Jersey Ski & Snowboard Council, Miramar annually purchases a number of Killington lift ticket vouchers and sells them on the bus or in the lodge before going there. For the
2022-2023 season, the cost of a voucher is $105. The vouchers may be used to obtain lift tickets, subject to the following black-out dates: Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Year’s Week, MLK, and President’s weekends.
Lift tickets may be purchased from various third-party sources, including those listed below. Third-party tickets may be non-refundable or subject to black-out dates, so be sure to check the terms and conditions, including especially the cancellation policies, as trip plans may change.
- Liftopia – an online provider of discount lift tickets (other online providers include com and ski.com)
- REI – has sold discounted Killington lift tickets in prior years
- Sporting Equipment Stores & Local Ski Shops – Some stores have offered discounted lift tickets