Miramar Members Off-Trip Lodge Policy & Rates
Effective November 16, 2021
The Miramar lodge is open! Here are our policies for off-trip use of the lodge:
- Meals and transportation to the lodge will not be provided. There are no coordinated carpools, buses or meal service. You may prepare your own meals at the lodge. We also encourage everyone to take advantage of the many excellent restaurants close to the lodge by ordering takeout.
- Required Form: when booking a stay you will have to read and agree to the terms & conditions of the Miramar Liability Waiver
- COVID Policy: Beginning on January 21st, everyone eligible for the COVID vaccine must submit proof of having received all recommended vaccine doses, including boosters, prior to staying at the lodge. Someone who is ineligible to receive a booster due to medical or other reasons, including recent COVID infection, must submit appropriate proof of their ineligibility in addition to proof of full vaccination.
For current information on booster eligibility, please visit the CDC website.
- Before departing for the lodge, must provide to the club proof of the child’s negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival at the lodge, and
- Will ensure that the unvaccinated child is masked whenever they are not in their sleeping quarters and dine at a table that is separate from the vaccinated public.
- We intend to have an on-site Lodge Coordinator during busy times to ensure everyone follows the club’s Covid-19 safety measures, assign chores, manage the kitchen schedule, and ensure lights are turned off when not in use. The on-site Lodge Coordinator can require someone to leave the lodge if he/she is willfully disobeying the safety requirements adopted by Miramar to prevent the spread of Covid-19; a person who is asked to leave the lodge may be prohibited from returning to the lodge until further notice.
- Associate members are not permitted to stay in the lodge off-trip. They may upgrade to regular membership if they wish to book an off-trip stay.
- Guests who have attended a bus trip within the last three years may stay at the lodge provided that there is a member present who will host them. Contact us if you are a past guest who would like to stay at the lodge.
- Reservations are non-refundable except for medical reasons, including exposure to Covid-19. .
- Pricing. Price is per bed; $35/night for Members and $40/night for guests.
|Accommodations||Base Rate per Night for a Member||Base Rate per Night for a Guest|
How to Reserve a Bed
Follow these steps for each person or child in your party.
- Click the [Book a Room] button on the home page
- Read and agree to the Lodge Policy
- Select the dates you want and click [Search] to find available beds.
- Select Single Bed then click [Next Step] at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are booking for guest and a ‘extra’ for $5/night then click next
- Add payment info. Then click [Save Card] to complete the transaction
- Check your email for a confirmation and receipt
- Submit the required proof of COVID vaccination, or Negative PCR test only for children not age-eligible for a vaccination
Resources to Help Plan Your Trip
Get a Covid-19 Test
- In New York — https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you
- In New Jersey — https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/testing#test-sites
- State of Vermont Cross-State Travel Regulations — https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel
All off-trip lodge stays, whether independent of a trip or as additional nights added to a trip, must be reserved and paid in advance.
Please see the Guide to Off-Trip Lodge Stays for responsibilities and important information.