Miramar runs weekend bus trips to our lodge in Waitsfield, Vermont nearly every weekend from December through early April, with pickups on Long Island, in NYC, and NJ. On these trips, we visit a ski resort each day and provide access to cross-country skiing and snowshoeing when conditions permit. Print and save this season’s winter trip schedule and register for upcoming trips.
All winter trips to our lodge include:
- Round trip bus transportation to our lodge from LI, NYC and NJ, and from the lodge to and from the ski resorts
- Lodging with bedding and towels included
- Chef-prepared breakfasts each morning at the lodge
- Chef-prepared dinner each full day at the lodge
- Evening happy hour and cocktail party with open bar each full day at the lodge
- Dinner on the return bus trip
- Bus trips generally leave on Friday evening and return Sunday night. Three-day weekend trips return on Monday night.
Winter trip prices:
Our winter trip fees for the 2022–2023 winter season are shown on the trip calendar here.
Trip prices do not include:
- Dinner on the night of arrival. Bring your own food to eat on the bus
- Cross country trail fees
- Lift tickets * – See lift ticket info below
- Equipment rental *
- Lessons *
* If you are a beginner skier or snowboarder, Miramar will help subsidize these costs for you. Visit our Learn to Ski and Snowboard page for more information.
Discount Lift Tickets
Miramar sells Killington lift tickets for $105, which is less expensive than the usual window-rate for tickets at Killington. These discounted tickets can be purchased by credit card during the trip. Unfortunately, we generally do not have discounted tickets available for other resorts.
How to sign up for winter trips
To sign up for a bus trip with us, visit our upcoming trips page and select the trip you’d like to attend.
Where to be when
Our bus leaves from the east side of 6th Ave. at 24th St. in Chelsea at 5:45 PM (get there at 5:15 PM to sign in). We pick people up in Ramsey, NJ around 7 PM (get there by 6:30). We will arrive back in NYC around 10 PM on Sunday. Refer to the Trip Description of the trip you’d like to attend for exact details and find out more about Long Island and New Jersey pickup locations and times here.
Most attendees stay in a double room, with two twin beds, and share a bathroom with the room next door. We’ll pair you with a roommate. On busy weekends, some attendees may be in a triple room or a six-person dorm.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when packing:
- Pack your skis, poles, or snowboard in a separate bag from your other luggage. They will stay on the bus overnight.
- Remember all your toiletries, including body soap and shampoo for the shower, toothpaste etc.
- Hand soap at the sink is the only soap provided.
- Bring earplugs. Sometimes you need them.
Typical weekend bus trip schedule:
Our weekend bus trips tend to follow the same schedule, though your Trip Leader may make changes to accommodate weather, traffic and other contingencies. Broadly, here is what to expect:
- 4:30 PM Depart Long Island
- 5:45 PM: Depart NYC. People walk down the bus aisle to greet old friends, meet new guests, and share drinks.
- 7 PM: We pick people up in Ramsey, NJ.
- 9 PM: A quick stop outside of Albany. After this stop, the bus quiets down so that people can sleep.
- 12:30 AM: Arrive at the lodge. Hot cider and cookies await us.
(also additional days, except departure day, on trips longer than 2 days)
- 7:30 AM: Wake up!
- 8-8:30 AM: Breakfast, prepared by our club’s chef, Carolyn. Usually Saturdays mean blueberry pancakes.
- 8:45 AM: Depart the lodge for the slopes. People make ski groups on the bus and stay in touch throughout the day via the trip’s WhatsApp Group. Many meet up for lunch and/or an après ski drink at the end of the day.
- 4:30 PM: Bus departs the ski resort for the lodge.
- 5-7 PM: Lodge happy hour. Open bar drinks and hors d’oeuvres are included in your trip price.
- 7-8:30 PM: Dinner, prepared by our club’s chef.
- 8:30-bed: Apres-ski party. Enjoy the open bar, hit the dance floor, or chill by the fire.
- 7 AM: Wake up!
- 7:30-8 AM: Breakfast, prepared by our club’s chef.
- 8:15 AM: Depart the lodge for the slopes. Bring your suitcase, as we’ll head home directly from the ski resort.
- 4:30 PM (or 3:30 PM, on Stowe and double-Sugarbush weekends): Depart the ski resort and head home. The bus will pick up take-out dinners from Panera en route.
- 9:30 PM: Drop off in Ramsey, NJ.
- 10 PM: Arrive in Chelsea. Members can store their skis/snowboards in our secure storage area near the bus stop, so no need to carry them home.
- 11 PM: Drop off in Long Island
We say our goodbyes and make plans for another epic ski weekend.