Miramar runs weekend downhill skiing and snowboarding bus trips to our lodge in Waitsfield, VT nearly every weekend from December through early April with pickups in NYC and NJ. Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing are available when conditions permit. We run longer bus trips on holiday weekends, holiday weekday car trips, and at least one week-long trip to Europe or the American West every winter. And we host social and recreational events in the tristate area year round. Our calendar lists upcoming trips and events.
- Lodging with bedding and towels included
- Chef-prepared breakfasts each morning at the lodge
- Chef-prepared dinner each full day at the lodge
- Evening happy hour and cocktail party with open bar each full day at the lodge
Bus trips also include:
- Round trip bus transportation to our lodge from NYC and NJ.
- Bus transportation from the lodge to and from the ski resorts
- Dinner on the Return Bus Trip
Bus trips generally leave on Friday evening and return Sunday night.
We typically run midweek car trips between Christmas and New Years and the weekdays following Presidents Day. Car-pooling may be arranged by the trip leader, although it is not guaranteed. Meals may be on your own or included, depending on the trip.
Trip prices do not include:
- Dinner on the night of arrival. Bring your own food for the bus trips
- Cross country trail fees
- Lift tickets * – but we get tickets at a group discount rate
- Equipment rental *
- Lessons *
* If you are a beginner skier or snowboarder, Miramar will help subsidize these costs for you. Visit our Learn to Ski and Snowboard page for more information.
How to sign up for winter trips
To sign up for a bus trip with us, visit our Calendar and select the trip you’d like to attend. If you’d prefer to meet us in person before attending a trip, you are welcome to join the local activities and social events listed in our calendar.
Where to be when
Generally our bus leaves from the east side of 6th Ave. at 24th St. in Chelsea at 5:45 PM (get there at 5:15 PM to sign in). We pick people up in Ramsey, NJ around 7 PM (get there at [ ]PM). We will arrive back in NYC around 10:30 PM on Sunday. Refer to the Trip Description of the trip you’d like to attend for exact details.
Most attendees stay in a double room, with two twin beds, and share a bathroom with the room next door. We’ll pair you with a roommate. On busy weekends, some attendees may be in a triple room or a six-person dorm.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when packing:
- Pack your skis, poles, or snowboard in a separate bag from your other luggage. They will stay on the bus overnight.
- Remember your toiletries, including soap for the shower.
- Bring earplugs. Sometimes you need them.
Typical weekend bus trip schedule:
Our weekend bus trips tend to follow the same schedule, though your Trip Leader may make changes to accommodate weather, traffic and other contingencies. Broadly, here is what to expect:
- 5:45 PM: Depart NYC. People walk down the bus aisle to greet old friends, meet new guests, and share drinks.
- 7 PM: We pick people up in Ramsey, NJ.
- 9 PM: A quick stop outside of Albany. After this stop, the bus quiets down so that people can sleep.
- 12:30 AM: Arrive at the lodge. Hot cider and cookies await us.
- 7:30 AM: Wake up!
- 8-8:30 AM: Breakfast, prepared by our club’s chef, Carolyn. Usually Saturdays mean blueberry pancakes.
- 8:45 AM: Depart the lodge for the slopes. People make ski groups on the bus and stay in touch throughout the day via the trip’s WhatsApp Group. Many meet up for lunch and/or an après ski drink at the end of the day.
- 4:30 PM: Bus departs the ski resort for the lodge.
- 5-7 PM: Lodge happy hour. Open bar drinks and hors d’oeuvres are included in your trip price.
- 7-8:30 PM: Dinner, prepared by our club’s chef.
- 8:30-bed: Party. Enjoy the open bar, hit the dance floor, or chill by the fire.
- 7 AM: Wake up!
- 7:30-8 AM: Breakfast, prepared by our club’s chef.
- 8:15 AM: Depart the lodge for the slopes. Bring your suitcase, as we’ll head home directly from the ski resort.
- 4:30 PM (or 3:30 PM, on Stowe weekends): Depart the ski resort and head home. The bus will make a brief food stop en route.
- 9:45 PM: Drop off in Ramsey, NJ.
- 10:30 PM: Arrive in Chelsea. Members can store their skis/snowboards in our secure storage area near the bus stop, so no need to carry them home. We say our goodbyes and make plans for another epic ski weekend.