Summer Trip Guide
Miramar runs holiday weekend (Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day) trips to our lodge in Waitsfield, VT and organizes cycling, hiking, kayaking and canoeing trips, and social events throughout the warmer months. Most trips and events are open to both members and guests, and upcoming events are always listed on the Trips and Calendar sections of this site.
How to sign up for spring/summer/fall trips and social events:
- In the Calendar, view All Trips, or use the Calendar drop down menu to see only a specific type of trip (Summer Lodge Trips, Cycle and Hike, On the Water. or Social Events.)
- Click on the specific trip for the description. and click the “Register” or “Sign up” link.
- If the event doesn’t have a “sign up” link and it is within 30 days of the trip, contact the trip leader.
- Also see the schedule of work weekends.
Please read our cancellation policy. For more information click the Trips link at the top of this page.
Holiday Weekend Trips
Holiday weekend trips generally include:
- Two or three nights lodging
- Breakfasts at the lodge
- Dinners at the lodge
- Bag lunches
- Happy hour and cocktail party
Trips generally do not include:
- Friday night dinner
- Activity costs – but we often get a group discount rate
- Equipment rental
- Bring cash or checks to pay for the trip. For bus trips, bring food to eat on the bus Friday night.
- No smoking in the lodge or on the bus.
- Clean sheets and towels are provided, but you should bring your own soap and toiletries.
- Most rooms have 2 beds and a sink with 2 rooms sharing a connecting bathroom. On full trips we use two 6-person rooms to accommodate everyone. Rooms are assigned by the trip leader. There are no single rooms available.
- Meals at the lodge are prepared by our chef and served family style in our dining room.
- If you prefer vegetarian or no red meat meals you must specify that when registering.