Summer Trips and Activities
Throughout the warmer months Miramar runs holiday weekend (Fourth of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day) car trips to our lodge in Waitsfield, VT and organizes cycling, hiking, kayaking and canoeing outings and social events in the NY Metropolitan area and beyond. Most trips and events are open to both members and guests and are listed in the Calendar of this site.
How to sign up for spring/summer/fall trips and social events:
- In the Calendar, view All Trips, or use the Calendar drop down menu to see only a specific type of trip (Summer Lodge Trips, Cycle and Hike, On the Water or Social Events.)
- Click on the specific trip for the description. and click the “Register” or “Sign up” link.
- If the event doesn’t have a “sign up” link and it is within 30 days of the trip, contact the trip leader.
- Also see the schedule of work weekends.
Please read our cancellation policy. For more information click the Trips link at the top of this page.
Holiday Weekend Trips
Summer holiday weekend trips generally include:
- Three nights lodging
- Breakfasts at the lodge
- Dinners at the lodge
- Happy hour and cocktail party each night
Summer trips generally do not include:
- Friday night dinner
- Activity costs – but we sometimes get a group discount rate
- Transportation – if you don’t have a ride, contact the trip leader before you sign up and pay, to see if there is someone offering a ride.
More information about our lodge trips:
- Pay for the trip by credit card when you register.
- No smoking in the lodge.
- Clean linens, blankets and towels are provided, but you should bring your own soap, shampoo and toiletries.
- Most rooms have 2 beds and a sink with 2 rooms sharing a connecting bathroom. On full trips we use two 6-person rooms to accommodate everyone. Rooms are assigned by the trip leader. There are no single rooms available.
- Meals at the lodge are prepared by our chef and served family style in our dining room.
- If you prefer vegetarian or no red meat meals you must specify that when registering.