Winter Trip Guide
Miramar runs weekend downhill skiing and snowboarding trips to our lodge in Waitsfield, VT nearly every weekend from December through early April. Cross-country skiing is available when conditions permit. We also run longer trips on holiday weekends, and offer at least one week-long trip to Europe or the American West every winter. And members have been known to organize mid-summer trips to ski in Chile and Argentina. Here’s a list of all our trips for the winter 2018-2019 season.
Most trips and events are open to both members and guests, and upcoming events are always listed on the Calendar sections of this site, and advertised in our weekly newsletter. And when the weather warms we’ve still got it going on, with dozens of club-organized spring, summer and fall trips too.
How to sign up for winter trips:
- Complete the “sign up” form at the bottom of the trip or event page.
- If you need vegetarian or no red meat meals, you must specify that on the signup form.
- Members have signup priority until 10 days before the trip.
Please read our cancellation policy. For more information about our trips, including what’s included and where to catch the bus, click the Trips link at the top of this page.
Our Huntley Learn to Ski and Snowboard program subsidizes downhill ski and snowboard lessons. Novices are eligible on all Miramar trips. Click for more details.
2-day bus trips leave Friday evening and return Sunday night. They include:
- Round trip bus transportation to our lodge
- Bus transportation from the lodge to the ski resorts
- Two nights lodging
- Saturday and Sunday breakfast at the lodge
- Saturday dinner at the lodge
- Saturday happy hour and cocktail party
- Sunday happy hour on the bus during the return trip
- Sunday buffet dinner stop during the return trip
- Additional breakfasts, dinners, and happy hours at the lodge
- Additional days transportation to the ski resorts
Trips do not include:
- Friday night dinner – bring your own food for the bus ride
- Lift tickets * – but we get tickets at a group discount rate
- Cross country trail fees
- Equipment rental *
- Lessons *
* You may be eligible for a rebate of some of these costs. See the Barbara Huntley Novice Downhill Ski and Snowboard Program
- Bring cash or checks to pay for the trip and lift tickets. Bring food to eat on the bus Friday night.
- Skis, poles, and boards should be packed in a bag which will remain on the bus overnight. Don’t pack other items in that bag, you won’t have access to it overnight.
- No smoking in the lodge or on the bus.
- Clean sheets and towels are provided, but you should bring your own soap and toiletries.
- Most rooms have 2 beds and a sink with 2 rooms sharing a connecting bathroom. On full trips we use two 6-person rooms to accommodate everyone. Rooms are assigned by the trip leader. There are no single rooms available.
- Meals at the lodge are prepared by our chef and served family style in our dining room.
- If you prefer vegetarian or no red meat meals you must specify that when registering.
- The trip leader will select a ski area each day depending on conditions. Potential destinations include Sugarbush, Killington, Stowe, Mad River Glen and others.
2018-2019 Winter Trips